Symposium with violinist Rosemary Warren-Green
Nomad Beat Community Music School, Peebles, Scotland
Internationally acclaimed master fiddler Jamie Laval teams up preeminent classical violinist Rosemary Warren-Green to present a weekend long learning symposium for music students of all ages. Subjects will include: efficient practicing for maximum results, improvising, composing, and playing well in an ensemble, developing good technique, stylistic considerations between traditional music and classical music. The weekend culminates with a concert at the Eastgate Theatre on Sunday evening in which interested students will join Jamie and Rosemary on stage for a prepared selection.
• Saturday 3 Nov 10:00 AM–Noon - Technique and good practicing habits
• Saturday 3 Nov 1:00 PM–3:00 PM - Styles and genres
• Sunday 4 Nov 10:00 AM–Noon PM - Creative arrangements and compositions
• Sunday 4 Nov 1:00–3:00 PM - Ensemble Class for those participating in the evening concert
• Private tutorials on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday outside of class time. Ten 30-minute slots are available on a first-come-first-served basis; please sign up ahead of time.
Each of the three classes can be taken individually or as a weekend package. The ensemble class is for anyone who would like to join Jamie and Rosemary in the final concert.